- Cancellation of a lesson must be made 7 days prior to your lesson.
- To cancel a lesson you must email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a lesson is cancelled before 7 days a make up lesson will be offered.
- No shows or failure to notify the school within 7 days is considered a forfeited lesson.
- No more than 1 cancellations per every half term.
- If you know of dates ahead of time where you/your child cannot make a lesson, please email the school as soon as possible
- There are no refunds on unused or cancelled lessons.
- Should you decide to stop taking lessons altogether, please give 1 month’s notice.
- If the student can’t attend the lesson because of weather conditions, it is not the responsibility of the school.
- If there is severe weather conditions and the school is forced to close. The school will offer a make up lesson.
- On an off chance a teacher can’t attend a lesson, the school will group a lesson with another lesson.
Make Up Lessons
- A make-up lesson will be at a time convenient to the teacher.
- Make up lessons must take place in term time.
- Typically, make-up lessons take place at an alternate time/day within the week. In some cases, the make-up lesson will be added after/before the original lesson time, enabling the student to have an hour lesson.
- All make up lessons are at the discretion of the Managing Director
Payments and Lessons
- All lessons are paid for via standing order or invoice
- For standing orders they should be paid on the 1st of every month
- Invoices payments are due before the 1st lesson stated on the invoice
- For any other invoices payments can be made via Cheque, BACS transfer or Cash.
- Cheques should be made out to Little Beethovens Music School.
- If a payment is late there is a £10.00 late fee charge for standing orders.
- If your direct debit includes extra lessons to use in the holidays these must be used within the year, extra lessons cannot be extended to the next year.
- All lesson fees are due in advance otherwise there is a 10% late fee.
- There are no refunds on unused or cancelled lesson.
- If the student decides to no longer have lessons at Little Beethovens Music School, standing orders must be cancelled by the account holder. Little Beethovens has no authority to cancel standing orders.
- If we receive a standing order payment after the cancellation of a lesson, there will be a £25.00 administrator charge
- All children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst in the waiting room. No responsibility is taken by Little Beethovens Music School for any children in this area at any time.
- If your child uses books or toys please put them back when finished
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience. We may also collect information by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, email notifications and/ or newsletters and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site. We also collect information on the 1st music lesson.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to our student list which is on an encrypted hard drive. All paper documents are locked at Little Beethovens Music School.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, It won’t affect the user’s experience.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email or telephone as soon as we are aware of the data breach
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
21A Coast Road
Phone: 0800 170 1990
To Subscribe to our Newsletters Click here